Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Open

So, I'm back from my holiday and have decided on a slight change of direction for this blog. Or more like a return to its original direction,which was kind of directionless in the first place. By which impenetrable sentence I mean that, my initial idea was for this to be a place where I could file my rambling thoughts, many of which would be thoughts about what it's like to live where I do in Romania. As time went on, I have kind of got distracted by the latter, and began to feel like that was probably the main "purpose" of the blog, which in turn meant if I didn't feel like I had much to say about the whole "living in Romania" bit, I wouldn't write anything at all.

So anyway, my intention is to be somewhat more active than I have been of late, and not to feel limited by some internally imposed boundaries. Not that I'll disregard the "living in Romania" stuff since, after all, I do, when it comes down to it, live in Romania, but that I'll just ramble on aimlessly and to no great literary value about some other subjects too. So, lucky you.

I'd start now, but I got up at 4 o'clock yesterday morning, drove to an airport, flew to Budapest, and then got an overnight train to Csikszereda (all the time accompanied by justifiably tired and fractious children and a remarkably calm and patient wife) , before going straight to work to write an article and a conference proposal and to catch up on my email, so I'm a bit buggered to be honest, and my opinions on Sarajevo, Sarah Palin and, errm, saracens will have to wait.

No comments: